Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Im 15 and have found lumps on my testicles
Aug 29, 2002

im 15 and i was checking my testicles and i found lumps on my left one. and thers a dull ache sometimes coming from it. im worried that it might be testicular cancer. and sometimes i have a pain kinda in my left shoulder blade area. i have told my mother and she is going to schedule a doctors appointment. im asking u if anything is normal about this. could it be something that happends sometimes with people my age or is it cancer?

Response from Dr. Dezube

The normal testicle is egg-shaped with bumps on the back. These bumps are normal and represent the collection area for the sperm. What you may be feeling is normal structure. HOWEVER, it is also possible that what you are feeling is not normal. It would be good to get it checked out. If there's any concern of an abnormality, the next step would probably be a testicular ultrasound. A testicular ultrasound can give a nice picture of the testicles and can highlight anything abnormal. Don't panic, just get it checked out.

Previous
you said lymph nodes are common; what if just one lymph node is swollen
Next
Down and out with no insurance; CD4 cells 36 with KS: HAART or Chemo?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.