AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Im 15 and have found lumps on my testicles

im 15 and i was checking my testicles and i found lumps on my left one. and thers a dull ache sometimes coming from it. im worried that it might be testicular cancer. and sometimes i have a pain kinda in my left shoulder blade area. i have told my mother and she is going to schedule a doctors appointment. im asking u if anything is normal about this. could it be something that happends sometimes with people my age or is it cancer?

Response from Dr. Dezube

The normal testicle is egg-shaped with bumps on the back. These bumps are normal and represent the collection area for the sperm. What you may be feeling is normal structure. HOWEVER, it is also possible that what you are feeling is not normal. It would be good to get it checked out. If there's any concern of an abnormality, the next step would probably be a testicular ultrasound. A testicular ultrasound can give a nice picture of the testicles and can highlight anything abnormal. Don't panic, just get it checked out.

you said lymph nodes are common; what if just one lymph node is swollen
Down and out with no insurance; CD4 cells 36 with KS: HAART or Chemo?