|HPV...CIN II high grade dysplasia/can this be KS
Mar 1, 2001
I had lesions surgically removed 8 months ago. It was the result of a abnormal PAP smear. Already had a hysterectomy in 1995.Now it's back, abnormal PAP. Could this be KS? I am female hiv+ aids/1996 (O.I.) was candida esophageal. was diagnosed in 1988 with HIV. T-cells are 154 and v/l 12,000. Can the abnormal PAP smear be KS?
Response from Dr. Dezube
Although I can't guarantee that you don't have KS, I have NEVER heard of and I have NEVER seen a case of KS of the cervix causing an abnormal PAP smear. I really don't believe that this is what you have. You will know for sure once you get your abnormal PAP evaluated. Good Luck.
Abnormal PAP smear/Cervical Biopsy/HPV?
Concerned of Possible HIV-Infection/low grade dysplasia
- Bloody Nose After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- Enlarged Lymph Nodes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Fisting Worried I Have
- Stinging Pain After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.