AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Peripheral Neuropathy first symptom??

What are the chances of Peripheral Neuropathy being the first symptoms of HIV? I was tested this past week and waiting for my results. I have mild sensations on the bottom of my feet, mainly in the heel and palms of my hands. I have no other problems, feel good. A lot of stress worrying about my upcoming test results. Was tested 2 weeks ago for Diabetes and Thyroid and had a CBC. My doc says everything looked good. Thanks

Response from Dr. Dezube

Peripheral neuropathy, whether it's pain or tingling in the feet or hands, is VERY common and can be caused by many many diseases. It would be most unusual for this to be the first symptoms of HIV. I would highly suggest you get HIV-tested. Knowledge is power. You need to know the result. If neuropathies is the only reason that is prompting you to get tested, then my hunch is that you will test negative.

Brain Cancers in AIDS Infected Patients
friend with KS- how long does he have?