AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Is anyone conducting clinical trials for KS and lymphoma?

Response from Dr. Dezube

Excellent questions. There are many fine trials for KS and lymphoma. Enrolling in trials gives you four potential benefits: 1) allows you to contribute to your own care; 2) allows you to contribute to your community's care; 3) gives you access to promising drugs; and 4) allows you to meet AIDS cancer experts. Many folks are alive today because they enrolled into trials which gave them access to drugs way before they were approved by the FDA.

A great place to start to look for trials is the website of the AIDS Malignancy Consortium. This is a group of academic centers, typically hospitals, which are funded by the National Institute of Health. The AIDS Malignancy Consortium is the umbrella organization under which most AIDS-cancer centers are found. Please check out their web-site http://www.amc.uab.edu

When you open their site, you will see several menu items. There are two which can be quite helpful to you-- 1) Clinical Trial menu will list trials by disease (you can readily look up KS or lymphoma trials), 2) Investigators menu will produce a map of United States and beyond (you can click on a state and see where AIDS cancer sites are located). Obviously, if you are in the Boston area, I would be happy to advise you of what's happening in that locale.

Please Doctor I need an answer
I've had lymphoma. Can I take growth hormone for my lipodystrophy?