Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Is anyone conducting clinical trials for KS and lymphoma?
May 24, 2002

Is anyone conducting clinical trials for KS and lymphoma?

Response from Dr. Dezube

Excellent questions. There are many fine trials for KS and lymphoma. Enrolling in trials gives you four potential benefits: 1) allows you to contribute to your own care; 2) allows you to contribute to your community's care; 3) gives you access to promising drugs; and 4) allows you to meet AIDS cancer experts. Many folks are alive today because they enrolled into trials which gave them access to drugs way before they were approved by the FDA.

A great place to start to look for trials is the website of the AIDS Malignancy Consortium. This is a group of academic centers, typically hospitals, which are funded by the National Institute of Health. The AIDS Malignancy Consortium is the umbrella organization under which most AIDS-cancer centers are found. Please check out their web-site http://www.amc.uab.edu

When you open their site, you will see several menu items. There are two which can be quite helpful to you-- 1) Clinical Trial menu will list trials by disease (you can readily look up KS or lymphoma trials), 2) Investigators menu will produce a map of United States and beyond (you can click on a state and see where AIDS cancer sites are located). Obviously, if you are in the Boston area, I would be happy to advise you of what's happening in that locale.

Previous
Please Doctor I need an answer
Next
I've had lymphoma. Can I take growth hormone for my lipodystrophy?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.