AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Are testosterone and DHEA therapy contraindicated with KS?

I was told that using testosterone or DHEA might encourage growth of KS lesions. Is that correct?

Response from Dr. Dezube

At one time there indeed was concern that testosterone or DHEA might stimulate KS. In patients this really does NOT occur to any great extent. I have many patients with KS who are on testosterone. I can't recall even one patient whose KS got worse on testosterone replacement. I can't guarantee that this won't occur (i.e. that your KS won't get worse); I can just tell you that if it does occur, then it's a rare event.

Can an HIV+ person have children without passing the virus to the kids
My lymphoma is resistant to chemo. I refuse to die!