AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

What exactly does "night sweats" mean?

Dr. Dezube. What does the term "night sweats" mean? it means that night sweats are present at night ( sleeping or not) or while a person is sleeping (day or night) .

Response from Dr. Dezube

"Night sweats" is often an indication that a patient is systemically ill. I don't know if there is a firm definition for "night sweats". I imagine there is some leeway regarding the exact definition. I typically define "night sweats" as sweating that is so profuse that the person wakes up and is drenched and needs to change his/her sleepwear. Can this happen during the day while a person is sleeping? I guess so; I see no reason why not. Traditionally however "night sweats" occur at night and while a patient is sleeping. I hope this helps and that I didn't confuse the situation further.

bump under my armpit; I'm going crazy
How to check for swollen nodes/glands