AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

prostitute performed oral sex on me: Do I have Kaposi's?

I am a man who has had unprotected oral sex performed on me by sex workers twice in the past. Neither session lasted more than just a few seconds before I had asked them to stop and masturbate me instead. The first incident happened about 3 1/2 yrs. ago and the most recent was about several months ago. I have never experienced any extreme illness symptoms, fevers, swollen glands, etc. However, I'm noticing little red dots on my skin and more seem to be appearing in the past 5 days. Could this be a sign of early KS and I have I put myself at great risk with my past encounters? Should I be tested? I haven't any idea if either women was HIV+ or not. Please answer my questions, the anxiety is overwhelming. Thanks.

Response from Dr. Dezube

Although the red spots as you describe them do not sound like KS, the best advice I can give you is to get HIV tested. Knowledge is power and you need to know. If you are HIV negative, then it would be most unlikely, but not impossible, that these are KS lesions.

Does the sed rate test have anything to do with HIV?
sex with a prostitute; could my armpit swelling be HIV?