AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Scared to death; I'm getting a stem cell transplant.

Dr Dezube, Next week I start the Mobilization phase of the stem cell transplant, high dose cytoxan and neupogen. As i get closer to transplant i become more scared. I've read information and it scared the hell out of me. Have any of your own patients gone through this? and are doing well? Thank you.

Response from Dr. Dezube

Your fear is completely understandable. Life does not prepare one for a bone marrow or stem cell transplant. You're in good hands. Please share your concerns with the transplant team, as I am sure, they have many important support services which they can provide to you. Many patients have gone through this procedure, and yes, some are doing well, in fact, exceptionally well. GOOD LUCK.

Chronic fatigue after cancer treatments; I am sooooooo tired.
HIV and Possible Cancer, Linked?