AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Reduced dose of chemotherapy; Would that account for multiple relapses?

Dr Dezube, Thank you for your answer regarding chemotherapy dosage. If you received reduced dose rather than standard would that possibly account for multiple relapse within weeks of completing your cycle? I trying to make sense of how I had 3 relapses in 20 months of actual diagnosis, so 4 different chemo cycles.My health is good apart from the lymphoma; in fact, I never missed work and worked full time. No one knew I was sick and those that did couldn't believe how well I appeared.Thank you Sir.

Response from Dr. Dezube

I've addressed your reduced dose chemotherapy query on multiple other occasions, and I'm not sure that I have anything else to add. I honestly feel that your relapses may be the result of bad luck, and not because you got diluted chemotherapy. Every oncologist has patients in his(her) practice who got correct doses of chemotherapy, who showed up and followed instructions to the letter, and despite this all, developed recurrent cancer. I feel for you. When cancer comes back again, and again, and again, it challenges both the body and the soul. Good luck.

A rash; Do I have mononucleosis?
Anorectal Care/Pain Management Tips