AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Pain in the testicle!

There is a dull ache in my right testicle that comes and goes, I guess I'm wondering if this could be STD related? Will you be able to notice swollen lymph glands in the groin?

Response from Dr. Dezube

It is not uncommon for men to get occasional pain in the testicles and/or scrotum. It is indeed possible for this to be STD (sexually transmitted disease) related, which often responds to a short course of antibiotics. Often testicular pain is related to trauma; did you bump or bruise yourself? Much more rarely cancer can occur in that area; a testicular ultra-sound is the best way to look for small growths. The scrotum has a whole bunch of thin structures in it; on occasion these can become twisted. All these things, which I mention, are quite treatable. If your aches in that area persist, I would highly recommend that you see your health provider, who should be able to order the right tests and prescribe the right treatments. The tests may include cultures, blood tests, or ultra-sound. And yes, many of the above diseases can cause swollen lymph glands in the groin.

neoplasia intraepithelial III; What is it and how should I be treated?
What is a MUGA Scan?