Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Pain in the testicle!
Mar 13, 2002

There is a dull ache in my right testicle that comes and goes, I guess I'm wondering if this could be STD related? Will you be able to notice swollen lymph glands in the groin?

Response from Dr. Dezube

It is not uncommon for men to get occasional pain in the testicles and/or scrotum. It is indeed possible for this to be STD (sexually transmitted disease) related, which often responds to a short course of antibiotics. Often testicular pain is related to trauma; did you bump or bruise yourself? Much more rarely cancer can occur in that area; a testicular ultra-sound is the best way to look for small growths. The scrotum has a whole bunch of thin structures in it; on occasion these can become twisted. All these things, which I mention, are quite treatable. If your aches in that area persist, I would highly recommend that you see your health provider, who should be able to order the right tests and prescribe the right treatments. The tests may include cultures, blood tests, or ultra-sound. And yes, many of the above diseases can cause swollen lymph glands in the groin.

Previous
neoplasia intraepithelial III; What is it and how should I be treated?
Next
What is a MUGA Scan?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.