AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Reply to you Feb 19, 2002 response :Standard of Care

Dr Dezube, Thank you for your answer and I understand. I will be in a clinical trial with stem cell transplant and tissue donation. It frustrates me that we can't develop a standard of care of chemotherapy for HIV-related cancers due to the relatively small number of patients, yet I'm pleased that cancer numbers remain low in HIV. I know you also must feel frustrated 20 years into this disease as we are caught up in red tape as we try to develop safe and effective cures. Thank you for your work,I'm very close to the restaging process of the transplant.thanks

Response from Dr. Dezube

Readers of this forum should refer to my response on February 19, 2002 to the query "Why aren't there standards of care for lymphoma?" to understand the reply sent by this reader.

You state that I must feel frustrated. I actually do NOT feel frustrated. I still look forward very much to going to work every day, even though I've been dealing with HIV-infected patients for 20 years. I am just sooooooooooo pleased to see the many developments in the field, and to witness how so many of my patients have their health restored, and more importantly to see their tremendous spiritual growth.

Good luck with your transplant!

Can you develop killer T Cells against KS?
KS-dry or scaly? KS versus bruise