Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Reply to you Feb 19, 2002 response :Standard of Care
Feb 21, 2002

Dr Dezube, Thank you for your answer and I understand. I will be in a clinical trial with stem cell transplant and tissue donation. It frustrates me that we can't develop a standard of care of chemotherapy for HIV-related cancers due to the relatively small number of patients, yet I'm pleased that cancer numbers remain low in HIV. I know you also must feel frustrated 20 years into this disease as we are caught up in red tape as we try to develop safe and effective cures. Thank you for your work,I'm very close to the restaging process of the transplant.thanks

Response from Dr. Dezube

Readers of this forum should refer to my response on February 19, 2002 to the query "Why aren't there standards of care for lymphoma?" to understand the reply sent by this reader.

You state that I must feel frustrated. I actually do NOT feel frustrated. I still look forward very much to going to work every day, even though I've been dealing with HIV-infected patients for 20 years. I am just sooooooooooo pleased to see the many developments in the field, and to witness how so many of my patients have their health restored, and more importantly to see their tremendous spiritual growth.

Good luck with your transplant!

Previous
Can you develop killer T Cells against KS?
Next
KS-dry or scaly? KS versus bruise

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.