AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

I survived high grade lymphoma; Is it likely to come back?

Dear Doctor, I was diagnosed with high grade B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, two years ago I received CHOP chemotherapy and radiation. I feel great! Have you seen relapses after two years? Am I likely to have another new lymphoma because of my medical history? thanks.

Response from Dr. Dezube

Congratulations on getting through chemotherapy and radiation. This is no small feat. As you get further out from the chemotherapy and radiation, relapse of your lymphoma becomes much less likely. Obviously there are NO guarantees, but after two years relapses are relatively uncommon. Although I have certainly seen relapses after two years, it is more common for me to see healthy patients for whom their lymphoma is history. It is VERY important to take and stay on potent HIV drugs (HAART therapy). A potent HIV regimen is the best assurance you have against lymphoma recurrence. The higher your CD4 count and the lower your viral load, the better off you will be in terms of keeping your lymphoma away. BD.

post hodgkins treatment ; what 's appropriate for follow-up care.
My biopsy is back. No KS, just keratosis. Can I be sure?