Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Rollover images to visit our other forums!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

post hodgkins treatment ; what 's appropriate for follow-up care.
Feb 10, 2002

My 14 year old daughter is finishing her 4 courses of chemo for stage 2A hodgkins. the doctor is recommending cat scans etc every 3 months post chemo. What is the recommended follow up care? Also what is the incidence for recurrence? thank you.

john

Response from Dr. Dezube

Dear John, I'm glad to hear that your daughter completed treatment. The success rate for Stage 2A is quite good, well over 85%; it's hard to give an accurate statistic without knowing abit more of her medical details. I don't know if there really is a standard recommended follow-up care. Some physicians rely heavily on CT scans, others on gallium scans, and others on a careful assessment of the patient on regular basis. Such an assessment includes asking the patient for any new symptoms, performing a careful physical examination, and checking blood work. What is clear, however, is that some type of follow-up care is needed. As your daughther is further out from her chemotherapy, she will need less follow-up.

Previous
Will a biopsy show for sure what I have?
Next
I survived high grade lymphoma; Is it likely to come back?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.