AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

You could be my last opportunity to get advice; I'm obsessing

I am very thankful that you and this board exist. I am a 40 y/o male heterosexual. I have obsessive-compusive disorder (OCD) and a variety of other emotional issues. The reason I am writing is that occassionaly I get some very light night sweats, just around the base of my neck, a little on my chest and thats about it. I do not seem to have any swollen lymph nodes, although I check them a few times a day (OCD) and I have a great appetite, geberally feel good, so sore throat, am gaining weight, no other symptoms etc.

I have never had an HIV test, had always had protected vaginal sex (about 35 partners in my life-most one timers, that's due to low self esteem and I suffer from clinical depession, which anti-depressants do me no good-even my shrink has given up on me and told me to not come back..nice huh?)

So, am I doomed? Do I have something else to worry about other than the existing multiple emotional issues in my sorry life?

I pray you will respond and I look forward to your answer.

Best regards-

Richard

Response from Dr. Dezube

Dear Richard: I certainly hope that I'm not your last opportunity to get advice. There are many causes of night sweats other than HIV. Please get tested! Knowledge is power. Only by being tested, will you be able to stop obsessing. I realize if you have obsessive-compulsive disease, that it is not easy to stop obsessing. If your shrink will truly not see you again, then it may be time to find a new one. I would give the medications another chance to work.

Hodgkins; is my scar tissue normal?
What is the correct term when someone passes on?