AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

RE: Nightsweats, lymphoma and stem cell transplant

Dr Dezube, Thank for your kind response posted on January 29th. The transplant team at UCSF has now taken over my care. My fevers, nightsweats date back to my chemotherapy. In terms of my original chemotherapy, I had only been given diluted chemotherapy but now I will be given full strength. I hope that now I have a true chance to beat this because with my previous diluted chemotherapy, I never had a real chance. Thank you. I'm also going to donate tissue samples so with my illness, I may help others deal with this horrible illness.

Response from Dr. Dezube

Good luck! Thank you for agreeing to donate tissue samples. By participating in the transplant and the tissue sample studies, you are not just a volunteer, you are a pioneer. You are helping to better the situation of others.

For those seeing this person's e-mail for the first time, please refer to several other prior queries and responses which deal with the issue of nightsweats, questions about dosing, and so on.

Nightsweats; I'm anxious about another relapse
please please please please please; swollen lymph nodes