AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

Acne...is it true that acne is common in HIV+ers??

Dear Dr Dezube, in one of your reply, you've mentioned that acne and pimples are common in HIV+ers. Is this true? Does that means that HIV+ers are prone to develop acnes? After sudden burst of swollen lymph nodes, I'm now experiencing a sudden burst of facial acne (including nostril) as well as tongue ulcers.

Response from Dr. Dezube

It is indeed true that HIV'ers are more prone to develop acne. Many of my HIV+ patients, who haven't had acne since they were teenagers, are now coping with it. Fortunately there are MANY good treatments for acne. I personally prescribe a short course of cefadroxil for my patients, but many other drugs work equally well. Of course, it's important to point out that many, if not most, acne sufferers do NOT have HIV. So in short, HIV makes one prone to acne, but most patients with acne do NOT have HIV.

my lungs are bad again; I'm tired and I need to rid myself of cancer.
Can a Positive PPD affect HIV test?