AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

My primary care provider is incompetent; I'm pissed!

Yesterday had my first consult for Stem Cell Transplant for my lymphoma which has come back. While seeing the Doctor he made several comments on my past chemotherapy and was appalled at the fact that I was on 40mgs Prednisone and Chemotherapy and not on pneumocystis (PCP) prophylaxis. Also he said that my reoccurring lymphoma could be that I was getting diluted dosages of chemotherapy at one point. So I'm asking what is the standard of chemotherapy and HIV. And I'm pissed because this is my life and I trusted doctors to know what they are doing, and if this is negligence, what can I do to stop this from happening to someone else. Who do Doctors answer too? I'm not angry at you Dr Dezube but if you were me, wouldn't you be pissed off too. Also my primary care provider is incompetent, shouldn't he know what drugs I need to have a fighting chance. What if because of the combined incompetence I die, then who is responsible. Something to think about isn't it.

Response from Dr. Dezube

Your anger is very palpable. I'm sorry to hear that your lymphoma has recurred. I too would be pissed if I were to have lymphoma, which came back. I'm not in a position to judge the competence of your doctors. I wish you well. BD.

Hodgkins disease vs. Hodgkins lymphona
Chemo Dosage for Hodgkins; Should I start low or start at the regular dose.