|Hodgkins disease vs. Hodgkins lymphona
Jan 25, 2002
Dear Dr. Dezube... My partner's pathology is being sent out of state because the docs here say they cannot determine if he has Hodgkins disease or Hodgkins lymphoma. I thought they were the same thing? I'm not confusing anything with non-Hodgkins lymphoma, because I specifically asked if that is what they meant, and they said no. Is Hodgkins disease different from Hodgkins lymphona? Thanks for all your great work. Brian
Response from Dr. Dezube
Hodgkin's disease is the same as Hodgkin's lymphoma. Two different names for the same disease-- I personally prefer the former name. As has been said, a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
If you have swollen glands and are HIV negative, does this mean that you don't have HIV infection?
My primary care provider is incompetent; I'm pissed!
- Fever After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Headache After Unprotected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can And Std Cause Mouth Ulcers?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.