Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

There is a pain in my butt and I don't know what it is?

In the past month, I started to get this pain in my butt. When I sit it hurts alot, sometimes when I walk, and I dont know what it is. Today I realized there is a bump on the inside of my left butt cheek. I'm scared of doctors and I'm scared to tell my mother. please tell me what this could possibly be.

Response from Dr. Dezube

The bottom line is that you need to get your bottom seen by a health care provider. This could be many, many things, some of which are not worrisome and others which are. Knowledge is power. Perhaps you have a friend or relative who can accompany you to the provider's office. Please get this taken care of before your fear and anxiety get out of hand. What could it be?-- benign growth, cancerous growth, infection (e.g. boil), hemorrhoid, wart, skin tag, and so on, and so on. There's just no way of knowing without seeing it. Good luck.

KS Proliferation- what's the effect of viral load and CD4 count?
Follow-Up to question