AIDS-Related CancersAIDS-Related Cancers

KS in my palate

Dear doctor, in July 1999 I discovered to be HIV+. My VL was 1,500,000, CD4 231 and I had a KS in my hard palate. I started HAART (Viracept and Combivir). Now my VL is <50 and CD4 are 630. The KS in my palate has disappeared few months ago and now my palate looks pink and healthy. I feel very well, I travel a lot, I work, I do some sport, I eat everyhing. My question is very simple: how do you see my future? Can my KS be back sooner or later? Thank you very much for your help

Response from Dr. Dezube

I see your future as pretty bright. You have obviously responded extremely well to HAART therapy. So long as you maintain your CD4 and viral load values, the likelihood that your KS will return is quite low, but, of course, no one can give you a guarantee. Even if the HAART therapy begins to wear off, then the likelihood that your KS will return, will continue to remain low as long as you stay on the drugs.

Deep Kissing and Kaposi's Sarcoma
chronic leukemia in HIV