The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Non Immigrant
Nov 13, 2001


What is the options of getting drug assistance for a non immigrant living in usa for last decade?

Response from Ms. Donnelly

The answer to your question depends, in part, on where you live. Although standard health care programs such as Medicaid and Medicare are likely not available to you, some states and localities have other options available. Others may not. It might be possible that assistance is available through drug company sponsored patient assistance programs.

To explore your options, contact an AIDS service organization in your area. If you need assistance locating one that can help you, call the Project Inform hotline at 1-800-822-7422. The hotline operators can also give you contact numbers for patient assistance programs.

Treatment interruption & ADAP
Employer defaults on Insurance Premium

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint