Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Gas problem
Nov 11, 2001

I am 24 years old guy, I am having trougle with gas, I get lot of gas in my stomach, I do eat only rice and curries, I am from india. The gas makes me not eat anything. My stomach swollows also. Please help me to overcome this gas problem, Some times I will eat my lunch after long hours.

Response from Dr. Boyle

I am presuming you are HIV positive, although you don't mention that, and I am also presuming you are not on any medications, since you don't mention those. The way you describe the "gas" it sounds like you get full and bloated very quickly and therefore have difficulty eating. You may be having problems with gastroparesis (poor stomach motility or movement), a stomach/intestinal mass or obstruction, liver disease (causing your abdomen to feel full) or other problmes. If possible, you should see your doctor and discuss his problem. It is hard to make treatment recommendations until the diagnosis is determined. You should, however, continue to eat small, high calorie meals, frequently so that you maintain your weight and strength as best you can.

Previous
Getting insurance for immigrants
Next
HMO VS. PPO FOLLOW UP

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.