HIV & IMMIGRATION FOR SPOUSES OF US CITIZENS

I am HIV+ and have been asked to obtain insurance to cover any treatment and care I may get in the US as long as it is at no cost to the US govt.in order to qualify for a visa waiver.I've had little success so far, any ideas?

Response from Mr. Berg

I take it that you have already consulted an immigration attorney and they were of no help. Unfortunately, obtaining individual coverage is not a simple or easy situation. Unless you can become covered under a employer's group plan through a spouse or domestic partner, your options are severely limited. You may need to relocate to a state that has more fexible coverage laws. Please check out the insurance sitiuation in each state at www.healthinsuranceinfo.net. There may be a state program that provides coverage for those otherwise uninsurable. I also suggest you contact your local AIDS Service Organization. To find yours, call 1.800.232.4636.

HIV+ need private insurance for INS
Financial Preparation - More