Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Workplace and Insurance IssuesWorkplace and Insurance Issues

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Cheap Drug
Oct 15, 2001

Hello, Is there any way to get drugs from india, where u can get it ofr 100 a month?

Response from Ms. Donnelly

I think you are referring to the generic anti-HIV drugs produced in India. I don't think the exact price of any one drug is $100 per month. The manufacturer that you may be referring to has listed various prices depending on who or what state entity is purchasing the drug.

The manufacturer that I am familiar with only makes certain anti-HIV drugs, not all the medications that are available in the U.S. The only way that I know to bring medication from another country into the U.S. is to travel to the country, purchase the medication and bring it back to the U.S. Under the law, you are only allowed to bring in enough for your personal use. You would have to check with customs and others to find out the regulations regarding importing medication for personal use.

The difficulty with going to India to purchase the drug is the cost of traveling to India and back for the amount of medication you would be able to import. The other very important consideration is the quality of the drug. While some overseas generic manufacturers do careful quality control, that may not be true of all.

Previous
Paying for Meds
Next
medicare ? & home ownership

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.