ssi and disability

hello i recently sumitted a question and it hasnt been answered maybe you can help me i have been turned down from ssi twice already this time i got a lawyer to help me why i am i being turned down? i am hiv pos and have hepc and am being treated for depression please give me some feed back on rthis situation

Response from Ms. Donnelly

Building a successful SSI claim can be difficult even when you have disabling conditions. As you know, the criteria is set up the Social Security Administration and you must meet their criteria in order to qualify. Even though you have certain health conditions, you still have to prove that you are unable to work. It certainly sounds like you face that situation but without knowing why you are being turned down, it is difficult to know what the problem might be.

I hope that the lawyer you have is able to help you. Another avenue you might try is a qualified benefits counselor. Some of the larger urban areas have an agency that works with people to secure benefits and many AIDS service organizations have benefits counselor that can work with HIV postive people as well. If you have trouble locating a benefits counselor in your area you can call the Project Inform hotline at 1-800-822-7422 and ask for the Access coordinator. He will try to help you find a resource in your area.

options for medicare disabled individuals
Need help please