Is my Neuropathy Permenant??

Hello, I've been HIV + since 95. I'm on a triple anti-viral combo of 300mg of Videx, 30mg of zerit, and viramune, and amatriptalyne for Neuropathy I started having Neuropathy a few years ago, but it was manageable so I delt with it, now it's getting painful, and quite annoying. As you can see, my dosage of my meds isin't as high as it could be. As a matter of fact, they were lowered about 2 years ago when the pain started. My question for you is...Is this pain in my feet permenant or if I stop this regimen and try another will my feet go back to feeling normal?

Response from Dr. Bartlett

Perpheral neuropathy can be a side effect from any of the "D" drugs, DDI (Videx), D4T (Zerit), or DDC (Hivid). It may respond to a lowering of the dose, and it sounds like your symptoms stabilized for a while but have recently progressed. It may be necessary for you to switch to a regimen without any of the "D" drugs at this point, and in that scenario your peripheral neuropathy may improve with time. So, I would be hopeful for improvement in the future.

Generic HIV drugs?
Medicaid Spendown in plain english??