about health insurance

After reading one of your answers regarding health insurance I figured iwould inform you of NY law. I am an insurance agent here and there are no health questions that need to be answered and no physical. I do not know about the laws in other states but everyone in NY is automatically approved regardless of health and they cannot be made to pay more for the insurance either. The only thing is that a company can refuse to pay for pre existing conditions for up to one year if that person did not have previous insurance.

Response from Mr. Berg

Thank you so much for you input. For those wanting specific insurance information by state, check out www.healthinsuranceinfo.net

Extended cobra coverage
Long Term Disability