how to obtain cd4 count and viral load test for foreigners

Dear Sir/Madam,

Can you inform me on how to go about getting a viral load test and cd4 count. I am a foreigner and the said tests are not readily available in my country. Therefore, I intend to visit Los Angeles in order to obtain the above tests. It will be useful if you could also inform my of the approximate costs.

Thanks much.

John

Response from Ms. Donnelly

The rough cost for a viral load test is $120 - $200 USD and the rough cost for a CD4 test is $60 - $100. In California, depending on your income, there could be some help in getting those costs covered even if you are not a permanent resident. It would be worthwhile to check with a local AIDS Service Organization such as AIDS Project Los Angeles, Beinstar, or Being Alive to see if they have a case manager or benefits counselor who might be able to direct you to services or give you more information about possible reimbursement for these tests.

advice for non-us citizen
Receiving AIDS medicine in NV