Medicad for the State of Texas

Hello, I will be relocating to El Paso, Tx this fall, I already have medical,medicare and SSDI, what will happen when I move to Texas, will I have to apply for medicad all-over-again? also since I already have Federal HIV+ benefits ( medicare & SSDI ) is it easier than a person that does not any thing at all. I was told that the only thing that is different in the state of Texas is the taxable income level, here in Calif. it's 33,000 a year, but in Texas it's 15,000 a yr.

Response from Mr. Berg

I'm not the public/government benefits expert, but you will need to apply for Medicaid once you get to Texas. It should be easier given that you have already been found federally disabled. So, there really should not be a new disability evaluation. You will be evaluated on your assets. I strongly suggest you get connected with a local AIDS Service Oganization there in Texas. They should be able to give you information on the Medicaid program criteria. You can find one through the National AIDS Hotline at 1.800.232.4636. Otherwise, www.piperinfo.com can connect you up to state and local government offices.

Self-Insured Plan; Caps on Drugs
Employer Insurance Application asks if I am HIV+