Who's in charge: Dr. or Insurance

7 days after rushing my room mate to hospital #1 his insurance kicked in. His insurance transfered him to hospital #2. (I do not believe the Dr. at hospital released him)At Hospital #2 he was assigned to a DO. (not a Dr.) The DO. had only been liecensed for 1.5 yr. He was sent Home (my house)after a week at hospital #2. My Room-mate (of 6+ years) is DEAD. A gruesum death, which I had to watch!! He was 29 when he DIED. Dr. #1 said "that he would have lived if he had been under my care". I have been HIV+ for 18 years now is this the care I should expect? So again: I ask WHO IS IN CHARGE?? The Dr. or the Insurance Co.??

Response from Mr. Berg

It's an ongoing battle. Generally, HIV specialists are warriors and know how to win with insurance companies(like Dr #1). It's very important to have an established treating physician before one is hospitalized and at the mercy of the system. Your story is simply horrific. My sincere condolenses to you.

VA is not safe for service connected AIDS patients
Employer failed to pay insurance premiums