HIV and moving to Amsterdam

I am a Canadian citizen who is HIV and is moving to Amsterdam with the company I am currently with. I have all my meds taken care of with my plan here, and wanted to know if HIV meds are covered in Amsterdam health care?

Response from Mr. Berg

I'm not sure where you are at with your health coverage. Please excuse my ignorance, but do you have a national plan or is your plan through employment. If you have the Canadian plan, you will need to check with the department that regulates the plan. I'm assuming it cannot be used outside Canada while traveling for extended periods. If it is through your employer and they are transfering you to Amsterdam, I would think the appropriate health coverage arrangements would be made. You will need to talk with your benefits administrator at work. Without disclosing your status, you will want to discuss how your company plan works in Amsterdam or if they have set up a different plan for employees in that location. I'm sorry, but I have no experience in international health coverage and don't know what the situation is like in the Netherlands.

Disability review
CHOICES