Insurance assistance for non-residents

Can a non-resident living in the US for a few years, for work reasons, obtain some kind of assistance for treatment, in the short-term and/or the long-term? I have insurance in another country (which pays office visit fees), but cannot reveal my HIV status without the risk of losing my job (it should not be so, but it is). Presently, I have to pay out of pocket, on a low-income basis, except when my health-care provider can find some "unused" medication for me. I see that a positive answer to my question is legally and financially unlikely, but my difficulty remains.

Response from Ms. Donnelly

There may be some options available for you but they depend on a number of variables,including where you live and how much money you make.

You need an individual consultation with an HIV/AIDS benefits counselor or someone with knowledge in benefits for HIV positive people. If you have difficulty finding someone to help you with this information, call the Project Inform Toll-Free Hotline at 1-800-822-7422 and ask for the Project Access Coordinator. The coordinator will work with you to explore options.

Medicare and prescrition drugs
advice for non-us citizen