Getting meds when traveling

I am on ADAP that is supplemented by my health insurance right now, and they will only cover enough meds to last for 2 weeks, however I will be traveling to Europe in the summer, and I am having huge problems finding anyone willing to help me find a way to get my meds. It is not even possible to send them to most countries, because of special laws (which are different in each country), and my pharmacy won't give them all to me in advance because ADAP won't pay for them that way. I have no idea what to do, and I am running out of time to work this out. Thanks.

Response from Ms. Donnelly

Your problem requires an individual response. It will depend on how long you will be traveling, what countries you are visiting, and what the laws are regarding bringing medications into the country.

Depending on where you live, your state ADAP coordinator may be able to help you get a better supply of medication. It is important that you go to the state coordinator with your request. Under some circumstances, and ADAPs vary state to state, the coordinator may be able to work with you to get a supply that will last through your trip.

Usually, there is some way to ensure continuity of access to your treatments when you are traveling. If your state ADAP coordinator is not able to help you, call the Project Inform toll-free hotline at 1-800-822-7422 and ask for the access project coordinator. He may be able to assist you with identifying some additional options.

ADAP benefits by state
Medicare and prescrition drugs