|Life Insurance for HIV+ person
May 1, 2001
After the birth of our son, my husband and I applied for additional life insurance. We discovered that he is HIV+ as a result of the insurance required blood tests. My question is, can someone who is HIV+ still obtain a life insurance policy?
| Response from Mr. Berg
Generally, as an individual, no. Group life insurance through an employer or association is still possible when there is no medical underwriting.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sex With A Prostitute Risk Of Getting AIDS
- Black Spots After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Genital Rubbing Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Penis After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.