|Benefits in the workplace
Apr 1, 2001
I currently hold a position where I have insurance, but don't wish to use it because I don't want my HIV status revealed. Is there anything I can do to soften the financial burden and start using my insurance without the company knowing my status? The plan is an HMO.
Response from Mr. Berg
There is no incentive for your HMO to disclose your HIV status to your employer and they really are prevented from doing so. You cannot be dropped from the coverage due to your status.
Insurance Co. Disclosed to Employer
- Is Hair Loss An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Is Hair Loss An Early Sign Of HIV?
- Is Headache A Sign Of HIV?
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- After Being Exposed To Hpv How Long Does It Take For Signs Of Cervical Cancer To Appear
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.