|Benefits in the workplace
Apr 1, 2001
I currently hold a position where I have insurance, but don't wish to use it because I don't want my HIV status revealed. Is there anything I can do to soften the financial burden and start using my insurance without the company knowing my status? The plan is an HMO.
Response from Mr. Berg
There is no incentive for your HMO to disclose your HIV status to your employer and they really are prevented from doing so. You cannot be dropped from the coverage due to your status.
Insurance Co. Disclosed to Employer
- Nipple Sucking Negative Elisa At 16 Weeks
- Odds Of Infection Sex With Hooker Condom Broke
- Blood In Urine After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Fever After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Sex With Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Anal Sex Bottom Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.