Aging With HIVAging With HIV

confirmation

hello doc i am 26/m have been positive from last 3 years. my cuurent cd 4 is 270 and viral load is 4978 kmq. i want to know is it possibble an positive male and female can produce a noraml child. please guide me

Response from Dr. Jackson

Yes, it is very possible, even likely that you would have a normal child. However, there is a risk that you might infect your partner with HIV and possibly the fetus in conceiving the baby. In general, the risk of infecting a partner through vaginal intercourse is about 1 in 500 per sex act.

BJ

breastfeeding and HIV
Followup on mother to child HIV antibody transmission