Aug 25, 2001
hello doc i am 26/m have been positive from last 3 years. my cuurent cd 4 is 270 and viral load is 4978 kmq. i want to know is it possibble an positive male and female can produce a noraml child. please guide me
Response from Dr. Jackson
Yes, it is very possible, even likely that you would have a normal child. However, there is a risk that you might infect your partner with HIV and possibly the fetus in conceiving the baby. In general, the risk of infecting a partner through vaginal intercourse is about 1 in 500 per sex act.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Hiv Be Transmitted Through Touching A Blood Contaminated Surface?
- What Do The White Patches On Your Tongue Mean When You Have Hiv?
- Hiv Testing And Insurance
- Niacin To Help Neuropathy
- If You Have Hiv Will You Get Sick During First Year?
- What Are The Best Exercises For Peripheral Neuropathy?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.