The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Aging With HIVAging With HIV
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How to find an HIV specialist
Aug 19, 2017

I just recently retired after 40 years in the same profession. I live in Los Angeles and due to the cost of living, I may be moving to another state where I have family and the the cost of living is less. My question is, how can I find a good HIV specialist. Is there a website or other resource that could help me find a new doctor in my future states/city? Any resource you can share will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for all you do.

Response from Mr. Vergel

You can use this search engine as part of the American Academy of HIV Physicians.

Also, call the main HIV non-profits in your new city and ask them who they think are best. Academy of HIV Physicians Referral Page

Of course, check with the doctor(s) to find out if they take your insurance.

Good luck


Nelson Vergel


  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint