Aging With HIVAging With HIV

Why only one person cured of HIV in ten years?

Nelson, I just saw the news of Timothy Brown's recent 10 year anniversary of being cured of HIV. I am happy for him but sad that noone else has been cured since he was. Why is that? Why can't they repeat his case? Not enough research? Or was he just a miracle?

That is a great question that I have heard several times as we get frustrated as time goes by and no one else is cured. Every few weeks we hear of the latest "HIV Cure" in the news and we become jaded as we realize that those headlines are only meant to get more clicks from readers.

I summarized here an attempt to answer your question: WHY HAS ONLY ONE PERSON BEEN CURED OF HIV IN 10 YEARS?

I decided to interview two leading HIV Cure research advocates on a Google hangout (webcast) to pick their brains about what has happened to people who have entered HIV cure studies. In particular, I wanted to get an update on the outcome with people who have been exposed to stem cell transfers, stem cell/CD4 cell manipulation, and those who seemed to control the virus after stopping antiretrovirals. I hope you will find this webcast as enlightening as I did!

Beyond the Berlin Patient: How Researchers Are Now Trying to Cure More HIV-Positive People (Video)

We should remain patient and hopeful! Let's just hope that the current administration does not cut funding to the NIH!

In health,

Nelson

My Dr. Switched my Efavirenz for a Generic brand named Yoanivag
How to tell my boyfriend am hiv+