Plastic surgery and HIV+
Jul 20, 2014
Greetings, I have read several post on here in regards to my question of if it was safe for a HIV + person to have cosmetic surgery? I am undetectable and my CD4 is 875. I am in very good health otherwise. I know infection is the greates risk, so how can I help protect myself?
Response from Mr. Vergel
With your current CD4 cell numbers and undetectable viral load you should not have any extra risks of infection after elective surgery. Your doctor will probably talk to you about post-surgery treatment with anti-inflammatories and/or antibiotics, so talk to him or her.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore Throat During Seroconversion
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Balls After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Testicular Pain After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.