Aging With HIVAging With HIV

SKIN PROBLEM

Hi Docter, How are you i am fine hope and wish you are fine.

my CD4 counts are 974.

I am frequently skin rashes in the crotches.

recovering with immediately when i apply(Itch guard) Contains (Clotrimazole=Mentol+Boric acid & Zinc Oxide)

But could please kindly tell me why my skin is been giving problems frequently.

Is it because of my physical illness(HIV)if in case that is true what should i do,

am required to go to any specialist or any suggestions for me to investigate with a test.Please help me doctor. --Nani

Rashes/skin problems in the groin area are common in the general population and probably more common in HIV+ persons. You dont mention which HIV regimen you are taking though none of the widely used regimens are clearly linked to groin area rashes. Folliculitis, fungal infections, infestations, chemical/contact dermatitis, sweat/heat related rashes all can occur in the groin so a full history and physical examination is often needed to sort through possibilities. Again-often not related to HIV or treatment per se. When I am stumped I refer to a dermatologist for help/advice. KH

Newly diagnosed. Is ANDRO GEL 1.62% safe for me?
HIV Medication and Botox