Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Aging With HIVAging With HIV

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

How long does HIV Virus lasts and precautions that needs to be taken as a caregiver
Feb 18, 2014

Hi all,

Thanks for your favourable reply which is a great help to me.

Your experts has replied to me under Aging with HIV 101.

Now I need to check, if at that point when my foot sole was poked with some sharp objects and certain blood may flow out which happens in my uncle's home where he is HIV Positive.

Any possibility of getting the virus though he was resting in the living room while I was in the kitchen.

I am not really in any close contact such as hugging etc except for clearing his stuff such as tooth picks etc.

How long does the virus last and what are the precautions that needs to be taken since now my uncle is HIV Positive.

Sorry for the trouble to ask such questions which may sound to be stupid but as a caregiver, I need to have all firmed answers because my skin are very thin now due to aging and a tiny scratch could cause broken skin.

I needs to be careful now as I may have to visit my uncle more often and assist him in certain tasks.

Response from Mr. Vergel

I have never been this blunt on my column, but you have sent me 5 questions and I have replied to you. You are obsessed and obviously refuse to read basic HIV 101 information I sent. I seriously doubt that you will be a good caregiver to your uncle when you are so paranoid about everything you do at his place. Either you get help or educate yourself by reading the mode of transmission information I sent or you will not be able to hide the fear that you have towards him and HIV.

Previous
Care giver of a HIV Patient
Next
protein in urine at random physical

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.