Aging With HIVAging With HIV

HIV treatment in Europe

I am an 69 yo guy on atripla. I have thoughts of moving to live in warmer climes such as Spain from the UK. Could the warmer climate eve beneficial? Would I be able to get the same meds there?

I love Spain. I love their food, their people and their culture. The HIV community in Barcelona is very well organized (more so than Madrid's). This website is operated by activists in Barcelona:

http://gtt-vih.org/

You can call them at +34 934 582 641 Mon through Fru 10:00h to 18:00h

For me, being in sunny weather improves my mood. Improved mood can improve immune response. We also get more vitamin D with sun.

HIV medication access in Spain is the same as that of most countries in the European Union.

I would call the guys from Grupo de Tratamientos at the number above and ask them all questions about moving to Barcelona. You can also contact the folks from London at http://i-base.info/qa/4303 since some of them go to Spain a lot.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Neurogenic bladder - causes and other questions
Please help me HIV