can my meds be causing my kidneys to fail?
Dec 26, 2013
I have been taking ATRIPL, Bactrin and Welbutrin since June 12, 2013 and my creatinine levels have been slowly rising above normal range. Can my meds be the cause?
Response from Mr. Vergel
Yes, probably. Atripla has tenofovir which has been linked in some patients to increase creatinine (most people on Atripla do well and do not have kidney issues). Your creatinine raise can also be caused by other factors.
Make sure you talk to your doctor is your creatinine clearance in under 60. Here is some basic info: eGFR (estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Anal Sex Condom Broke
- Probability Of Getting HIV From French Kissing
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Receiving Oral Sex
- Chances Of Catching HIV From Sex With A Prostitute
- Itchy Red Spots After Drinking After Someone Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore On Tongue After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.