|can my meds be causing my kidneys to fail?
Dec 26, 2013
I have been taking ATRIPL, Bactrin and Welbutrin since June 12, 2013 and my creatinine levels have been slowly rising above normal range. Can my meds be the cause?
| Response from Mr. Vergel
Yes, probably. Atripla has tenofovir which has been linked in some patients to increase creatinine (most people on Atripla do well and do not have kidney issues). Your creatinine raise can also be caused by other factors.
Make sure you talk to your doctor is your creatinine clearance in under 60. Here is some basic info: eGFR (estimated Glomerular Filtration Rate)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Muscle Ache After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Getting Scratched Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Penis Discharge After Oral Sex Hooker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker What Are The Chances Of HIV
- What Is The Sign Of Std In The Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.