Aging With HIVAging With HIV

No HIV Meds equals Death and I dont want to Die

Hello , I am a 42 yo male with AIDS. Recently my physician left because of a new bill passed to help stop the abuse of pain medications so they have made it really difficult for doctors to write pain med prescriptions.

My issue is that I go to a Fully funded Ryan White Clinic and I was basically denied services. I was told by the physician that she is an HIV specialist and only deals with HIV it's self. I have a lot of chronic issues and I cannot afford to start seeing a ton of specialist, I dont have the money for it. I can go to a pain specialist but when I do , they acknowledge the pain they just say they cannot do anything and its HIV related and to talk to my HIV doctor. I go back and nothing gets done as they claim it's due to other issues.

I have a lot of health issues.. I had no choice but to seek out Hospice to take care of me, my pain etc. I dont want to die so early in my life but they gave me no option being that she is an HIV specialist and only deals with HIV and nothing else. Then why do they have all these services for persons with HIV.

I just dont get it and it hurts so bad to know that no one cares. I am hoping that who ever reads this, can help me or advise me of what I can do. Please I am begging for help. I may be reached at hrmrhiannon@insightbb.com or hrmrhiannon@twc.com..

Thanks if anything for taking the time to read this.

Most sincere - Rain

Rain

I am so sorry that you are living with unmanaged pain and other issues. Depending on where you live some Ryan White and Community Health clinics provide comprehensive services beyond HIV treatments. For instance, in Houston we have Legacy and HACS and both provide referrals to pain management subsidised by their programs.

What city do you live in?

Nelson

Treatment options
AIDS at 42 yo, not able to get help