Aging With HIVAging With HIV

General HIV health concern

I was diagnosed HIV positive two years ago, and have been receiving treatment and care since that time. I am currently taking Truvada and Isentress. My viral load is undetectable and my last T-cell count was around 975. However, here lately I have been seeing doctor after doctor with some symptoms and getting no answers. I have been experiencing extreme fatigue, a foggy head feeling, extreme anxiety, night sweats, and here lately my arms tremor even at rest. I have seen my infectious diseases doctor, and she said it sounded like anxiety. I saw an ENT, nothing was found. I had a CT scan done of my abdomen and brain, and saw a nuerologist. The nuerologist referred me to a psychiatrist who said I had generalized anxiety disorder, and he prescribed Lexapro and Ativan. I have seen some improvements, but the shaking of my arms, fatigue, and sweats are still here. I have only been taking those medications for about a week. All the doctors keep telling me anxiety, but I am extremely concerned, because I feel that there is something really wrong. My question is can you please give me any advice or suggestions as to where to go next? I hope I have picked the right forum; I am new to this site. Thank you for your help.

Congrats on your CD4 cells and undetectable viral load. I am sorry that you do not feel as good as those numbers would seem to infer.

Have your testosterone (free and total), estradiol and thyroid function (TSH, T3, T4 and reverse T3) measured. Low testosterone can cause night sweats and fatigue. High thyroid can cause shakiness and anxiety.

Let me know how it goes!

Nelson

facial lipoatrophy
without doctor