Aging With HIVAging With HIV

Need to loose weight - stribild

Can you recommend a weightloss supplement thr will not interact with stribild. I eat clean, walk 4,5 miles 4-5times aweek and YET I get fatter :( I am also looking for a good pre work out energy supp/drink to help me pysh harder, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I only take Stribildt, multivitamin and add B vit daily. T.I.A

Stribld is a very good one pill a day regimen that contains an integrase inhibitor, a booster and two nucleosides. It is well tolerated but decreases in kidney function have been observed in some patients. So keep that in mind when choosing supplements that may load up your kidneys.

Like it is the case with all other HIV medications, some people gain weight while their immune system is getting better. Although no scientist has proven it yet, the hypothesis is that certain inflammatory proteins that our immune system produces while regenerating (TNF-alpha and others) increase and they can signal the body to conserve energy and fat. Usually this "return to health" phenomenon stabilizes during the first year of treatment.

Avoid any workout supplements with creatine since they can load up the kidneys. Stick with a diet low in sugars and high in fiber and protein.

Besides caffeine (coffee and green tea), I would not suggest anything else to give you more energy at the gym. Most of the energy booster supplements not only have caffeine but other products that can dramatically increase blood pressure and heart rate, and also increase dehydration. They are also loaded with sugar and high fructose corn syrup, known offenders that increase fat and triglycerides. Stay hydrated and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day specially if you are exercising daily.

I have written an article about how to lose weight/fat that you may find useful.

Nelson's Top 10 Tricks for Fat Loss

I hope this information helps you in your goal to stay in shape. Please let me know about your progress!

Nelson

HIV Trtment &tb
new infection