Apr 24, 2013
Hi there I would like to know what is the difference between Emtricitibine and Lamivudine. We started to use Atroiza which is a combination of Tenofivir Emtricitibine and Efavirenz. Previously we used Tdf 3TC and EFV. Thanks
| Response from Mr. Vergel
There is no huge difference. Both are closely related nucleoside analogs. Emtricibine is taken once a day and 3TC twice a day. 3TC is cheaper in many countries.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Difference Between Genital Warts And Genital Herpes?
- Which Is More Common Chlamydia Or Gonorrhea?
- What Happens When You Take The Hpv Vaccine But Already Have Genital Warts?
- What Foods To Avoid If You Have Shingles?
- Topical Home Remedies For Genital Herpes Sores
- Symptoms Of Herpes In The Brain
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.