Apr 24, 2013
Hi there I would like to know what is the difference between Emtricitibine and Lamivudine. We started to use Atroiza which is a combination of Tenofivir Emtricitibine and Efavirenz. Previously we used Tdf 3TC and EFV. Thanks
Response from Mr. Vergel
There is no huge difference. Both are closely related nucleoside analogs. Emtricibine is taken once a day and 3TC twice a day. 3TC is cheaper in many countries.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Sinus Infection An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Should I Get Tested
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Touching Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Can Chlamydia Cause White Cell In Urine?
- Std That Causes Sharp Pain On Left Side Of Stomach
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.