Aging With HIVAging With HIV

Long-term survivor and travel

I am a long-term survivor (28 years with HIV) and now have an opportunity to travel deep into Mexico. I want to take this chance but I'm wondering what are the concerns I should address traveling to other countries?

Go ahead and explore!

Make sure you keep your mediations in their original bottles with your name and label on it.

Buy a water treating device like this one in case that you do not access to safe water: LifeStraw Personal Water Filter

Make sure you count your pills before your trip so that you do not run out of them while gone.

I like taking with me additional "in- case" medications like Imodium (for diarrhea) ,Prilosec (spicy food), ibuprofen, Claritin, melatonin (to sleep), and Flagyl (in case of a stomach bug).

You can download a translation app into your phone to make it easier on you if you have problems with the language. Tripadvisor also has a great app for travelers with city guides, etc

I also love belts like this one to hide money and a passport: Security/ Hidden Money Belt

Have a great trip. I love Mexico. It is a gorgeous country and people are amazing there.

Nelson

extremely low triglycerides
Peripheral Neuropathy, it is getting worse!