Aging With HIVAging With HIV

High blood pressure and body aches

Hello I'm a 48 male been diagnosed since 2007 currently I am doing well with T-cell count at 570 and un-detected levels. I'm taking reyatez, norvir and isentress (isentress twice a day) I also take 1/2 a pill of lipoter but my cholestrol level is fine. My question is I have been having neck shoulder and back pain that causes a slight pain down my arms when I turn towards the direction of my left arm i feel the pain down the left side and if I turn down to the right the pain goes down the right arm. Is this caused by the high blood pressure which is around 150/103 fluctuates around that general level. I am trying to get that under control watching what I eat and light exercise. I'm concerned that I have had this pain now for a few months what could be causing this? Is it just old age? I sure hope not.

Your pain issues could be caused by cervical problems in your neck, high CPK due to Isentress and/or the statin you are taking, or other causes.

Talk to your doctor about measuring your CPK and also referring you to a neurologist or orthopedic surgeon that can assess the origin of your arm pain.

I have had a herniated cervical disk in my neck that caused numbness and issues with my right hand. I had to get a neck MRI and a nerve conduction test to identify the cause. Some therapy and ergonomics training helped a lot.

Good luck and let us know how it goes with you.

Nelson

Hiv and mental illness
Recently diagosed...feeling sick already