Aging With HIVAging With HIV

SLEEPLESS IN THE NIGHT

Hi Doctor,How are you .I hope you are well and good.You have responded once for me for a question which is subjected as sub:"CD 4 COUNT DRASTICAL DOWN(RECOVERED)" in the recent times. Now I am facing problems with no proper sleep in the nights(Most of the days).I am in medication and TRUSTIVA(ART) at 9 PM in the night.I am on diet to reduce weight.As i am working and supposed to present in duties in the morning,i am in helpless situation.I have no other problems with my health.Could you please suggest me what shall i do.I am in desperate situation doctor please help me with any suggestion.I appreciate for your quick response, Thanks, Nani

Nani

Trustiva can cause sleep disturbances due to one of its components (Sustiva or Efavirenz). Talk to your doctor about switching you to a regimen that does not contain efavirenz. You will probably sleep much better then.

You can also try taking the drug on an empty stomach 2 hours before breakfast to see if that helps. If you are taking it at night, make sure it is after at least 2 hours after eating. Food increases blood levels of efavirenz, which can create more sleep disturbances.

Good luck

Nelson

Boady alergy since one yaer
Recently detected - Can ART be delayed